Editorial (Thomas) – Valentino Rossi reported on Thursday that he had tested positive for COVID-19 and would miss the Aragon Grand Prix this weekend.
The Monster Energy Yamaha team through an official statement confirms this and explains the chronology before the nine-time world champion turns positive.
– On Sunday (11/10), Rossi left the Le Mans circuit and returned to his home in Tavullia, Italy.
– On Tuesday (10/13), Rossi took the PCR test as usual, mandatory for anyone returning home between races. The test result was received the next day and was negative.
– On Wednesday (10/14), Rossi felt totally fit and trained at home without any symptoms or discomfort.
Read also: Rossi is positive for COVID-19, loses the Aragon race
– On Thursday (10/15), Rossi woke up in the morning and was sick. He felt a little feverish and immediately called the doctor. The doctor underwent two tests:
1. Rapid PCR test, which is negative.
2. Standard PCR test, the results of which are received at 4 pm and are positive.
– Valentino Rossi (@ ValeYellow46) October 15, 2020
– During his stay at home from Sunday (11/10) to Thursday (10/15), Rossi made no contact with anyone currently at the Aragon Grand Prix, including the VR46 Academy, VR46 riders and Monster Energy Yamaha team members .
– Rossi’s condition will be monitored by the medical team in Tavullia.
– The situation will be monitored daily to see the possibility of Rossi’s participation in the next races.
“This is very bad news for Valentino and very bad news for the Monster Energy Yamaha team and for all MotoGP fans around the world,” said director Lin Jarvis.
“Firstly, we expect Valentino to suffer less in the next few days and to fully recover in the shortest possible time.
Read also: Six Yamaha engineers lost the French GP after a positive for COVID-19
Previous, Project leader Sumi-san and five engineer Yamaha was absent at Le Mans after a team member tested positive for COVID-19, although he showed no symptoms.
“These two incidents remind us that no matter how careful you are, the risk is always there – as we are seeing with the growing number of infections in Europe today.”
“We checked with the Italian health authorities and were informed that any team member who has had contact with Valentino by Monday is not at immediate risk.
Yamaha has not yet said who will replace the nine-time world champion in Aragon, but it opens up opportunities for him test pilot Jorge Lorenzo returns to MotoGP.
Lorenzo should have played in the Catalonian Grand Prix as a driver wildcard before the season schedule changes completely due to the impact of the pandemic and slots wildcard removed for this year.
The Spaniard rode the M1 2019 during the MotoGP testing session in Portimão, Portugal last week, but has not yet tried the 2020 version of the bike this year after undergoing just four days of testing on a MotoGP machine since February.
Also read: Rossi admits that Aragon is a difficult track to win
Read also: Quartararo expects friendlier conditions in Aragon
Also read: Alex Marquez is increasingly confident of going to Aragon after the first podium
Reporter: Aditya Eko Sigit Wicaksono
Publisher: Irwan Suhirwandi
COPYRIGHT © BETWEEN 2020